Negative Zero
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Knight Online Clan

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pet Guide by Azuriel

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Azuriel

Pet Guide by Azuriel Empty
PostSubject: Pet Guide by Azuriel   Pet Guide by Azuriel Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 4:13 pm

Pet Guide by Azuriel

Contents:

- Why would I want a pet?

- Getting Started

- First Steps

- Changing Your Familiar's Appearance

- FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)

Why would I want a pet?

Aside from being usefull to show your friends, so they can see your premium status and how awesome a pet you have, pets can actually be very usefull for combat, especially when using a ranged class such as the Rogue Archer or the Mage.

Getting Started

To start using pets, you require these things:

1) The ability to kill very low level monsters, or have friends who can party with you and kill them for you.
2) You must be at least level 10.
3) Premium of any kind.
4) You'll probably want around 400k at your disposal to assist you with keeping your pet fed, summoned and healed Wink
5) If you intend to have your pet loot, you need around 240 PUS points for a Automatic Pet Looting voucher.

Once you have the above, see [Familiar Trainer] Kate, who is located in Moradon, at the co-ordinates (884, 476). When you first speak to her, select "Familiar". She will say the following:

"Familiars, devoid of evil, are surfacing all over the continent. Are you ready to domesticate them?"

Click yes. You will be given a quest to kill the following:

10 Worms (Though Blood Worms also count)
10 Bandicoots (Scavenger Bandicoots also count)
10 Kecoon (ONLY KECOONS COUNT. Do not waste your time killing warriors or captains Wink)
10 Bulcan (ONLY BULCANS COUNT. Do not waste your time killing others. Smile)

Before seeing Familiar Trainer Kate, bring about 100,000 Noah with you.

Talk to her - in exchange for your hard work, you will recieve Kaul's Egg, and 5 Familiar Summon items.

Kaul is the breed of your Familiar, this type can be changed using certain items, I will go into that later. For now, look into the pen, the creatures roaming there will be what your familiar looks like.

Moving on, talk to her and select "Familiar". It will show a box similiar to the one featured in the Magic Anvil. Right click your egg. A text box will appear labelled "Name your familiar please". In there, write the name of your pet Wink. Once you have found a name suitable for you, click OK, it will ask if you wish to incubate the egg. Click Yes.

Your now own your first familiar!

Start now by talking to her again and selecting Familiar Random. She sells as follows:

Familiar Summon Items: 11,000 Noah
Leaf: 5,500 Noah
Bread: 16,500 Noah
Milk: 27,500 Noah

Buy about ten Leaves and a few Familiar Summon items. Place the familiar summon items on the hotbar, and equip the Familiar as you would a sword. The slot for familiars is the one under the top right item in your inventory-equip screen.

Your familiar is now almost ready. Before proceeding, buy a few "noob" potions, around 20 will do, and summon your familiar. Place the potions on your familiar's hotbar which will appear low-centre. Your familiar is now ready for use!

First Steps

It is time you trained your familiar, and learned how to equip your familiar. Press "P" to open the familiar's inventory and equipment screen. Note: Your familiar must be summoned to open this screen.

When you press "P", you will notice a screen similar to the following:

Pet Guide by Azuriel Logicalpetstatus

The only important bit for now is Satiation - a meter going from 0-100. If your pet hits 0 satiation, which is lost over time, it will de-summon. This is kept between summons - you cannot merely re-summon the pet to save having to buy food! Note: If the pet is de-summoned due to lack of Satiation, it will come back with three points in satiation when it is alive again. Feed it quick!

Note that there are three tabs, labelled Status, Item and Skill.
Item - Your familiar's inventory and equipment is stored here. You can also feed it in this window.
Status - The screen you first saw. This screen shows your pets satiation, hp and mp, as well as resistances, attack and defence.
Skill - A listing of your pets skills. Unlike people, pets do not have skill points. They merely get x skill at x level.

Click "Item" for now.

Your item screen should look like this. Here is an explanation, look at where the number is on the picture and read the description for that item:

Pet Guide by Azuriel Lawlzor

1 - The item tab. Click this to access what is currently shown. You need a summoned familiar, and to've pressed "P".
2 - Your pet's inventory. Shown here is the item for automatic pet looting.
3 - Your pet's feed box. Place food in here, bought from [Familiar Trainer] Kate to feed your pet.
4 - An image of your pet. In this case, my pet is a "Vulcan" (Yes, Vulcan, not Bulcan.)
5 - Pet Equipment - Weapon. Currently useless.
6 - Pet Equipment - Armor. Currently useless.
7 - Pet Equipment - Necklace. Currently useless.

Now you have learned this screens use, click the "Skills" tab, read them, enjoy. No screenshot is given for this as it is rather self-explanatory.

Once you have learned your way around the pet screen, close it. It's not needed for now.

Now, you should decide what you want to do:

a) Your pet is going to be for combat. This requires a lot of training, more than it takes to level yourself. I am not sure premium bonus' effect pet's gained xp, but I can't tell as this would require me to change my premium, which I don't fancy I'm afraid Smile

b) Your pet is for looting. For this you need an automatic looting voucher. This can be bought from the Power Up Store, for 240 points. It will last 30 days exactly. You will turn it in at Familiar Trainer Kate to get the item you will use, you then place the item recieved in your familiar's "Inventory" - 4 slots located to the left of the feeding part. Click the mode icon (Icon 1 by default on your familiar's hotbar) with this item equipped to select Looting Mode. It will then loot the corpses of all monsters you have slain!

Note the following:

- This is very usefull for mages and rogue archers, as the pet will loot for you, saving you having to move.
- The pet still has to move to the chest to loot it. Don't expect it to instantly loot everything around you.
- If you keep moving, i.e sliding or whatever you call it, pets seem to have slowed down reactions when it comes to looting. You may miss a few items. The same applies to if you kill so many it can't keep up.
- Low level jewelary and items will be ignored by a pet. For instance, a +3 Earring or a +1 Low Class item will just be ignored.

We'll assume you picked option "A" for now. You can change between them, obviously, but you cannot have a pet both fighting and looting at the same time..

In essential, you'll train your pet the same way you did - by killing worms, blood worms, etc. Run up to them with your pet on attack mode (Changeable by default with icon 1 on the familiar's hotbar. It's by default in attack mode, so don't worry. If it has an "A" on it, that's attack mode. Also, you can press ALT-(Number Key) to use a familiar skill, similarly to how you would normally, just with ALT held Smile), run up to a monster, select it and press ALT-2 or select the second icon by default on your familiar's hotbar. This will cause it to enter the fray! Heal it as needed - when the monster dies it will gain XP. If you helped kill it, you will gain xp proportional to how much damage you did compared to your pet. If the pet does no damage, it gets no XP. You cannot simply power-level your pet!

Anyway, from there basically just apply the same proceedure. Note that pets have very high resistances and gain small buffs such as a 120 hp buff that stack with other buffs. This means the best training for them is on monsters that use elemental attacks. You'll get skills as you level, place them on your familiar's hotbar and start using them, they're usefull as hell.

Also remember that while a pet can buff you, you cannot buff your pet. Swift, wolf, and all other buffs will simply fail, wasting your time.

Changing Your Familiar's Appearance

To change your familiar's appearance, it must be at least level 20.

There are three "Tiers", if you will, of pet appearances.

- First Tier: Level 20
- Second Tier: Level 40
- Final Tier: Level 50

To change your pet's appearance, buy the corresponding Image Change item or loot it off monsters (I hear Dusk Orc's are good, but I normally just buy these), and go to [Familiar Trainer] Kate. Click Familiar with your familiar un-equipped, place both the familiar and the Image Change item in there, it'll change form when you click OK. This will result in a new form of your familiar - this does NOT change attacks or skills, merely its appearance.

You can now re-equip your familiar and continue training!

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: I saw a guy with a familiar that looked like [x]! How can I make my familiar look different?
A: Read the "Changing your familiar's appearance section"

Q: Is it worth training my pet up to a very high level at this time?
A: That depends. It's nice extra damage, but requires even more attention, has no equipment and dies fairly quickly. I personally wouldn't, but if you have the free time, go ahead. It's good if you need something to tank the damage, too.

Q: I can't bring my pet into a pvp area! Why?!
A: Pets cannot, at this time, be brought into player vs player areas. I presume this is so a clan can't just tackle you with a full set of pets, not to mention the added lag. Pets can also not be brought into the abyss!

Q: I have more questions! Where can I ask them?!
A: Post them here. I'll answer them as best I can.

Q: It says that a pet can autocast a certain skill! How do I do this?
A: Move the skill onto your pets hotbar, then right click it. It will only autocast it during combat.

Thanks for reading! Enjoy Smile

Note: Feel free to post the information here wherever, but please do at least leave me some credit for my work. Smile

Last edited by Azuriel on Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:06 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
ChuvelxD
Admin
ChuvelxD

PostSubject: Re: Pet Guide by Azuriel   Pet Guide by Azuriel Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 5:15 pm

fantastic man. Just a great guide.
Back to top Go down
EmmA

PostSubject: Re: Pet Guide by Azuriel   Pet Guide by Azuriel Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 5:27 pm

Thanks Azuriel Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pet Guide by Azuriel   Pet Guide by Azuriel Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pet Guide by Azuriel
Page 1 of 1